What's the current state of color space awareness and color profiles
on Linux? I'm at the point where I'd be willing to spring for a
calibration kit to calibrate my monitors, which did not themselves
come with color profiles...except all the kits I've seen seem to
assume Windows.

I'd like to move towards having a full color-aware workflow for both
my LDR and HDR (DEF->JPG, DEF->hugin->stitch->JPG) work, and I'd like
to do it on Linux. I don't want to ask these kinds of questions in
more photography-oriented environments, because I'm tired of being
peppered with "Just use a Mac", "Just use Windows" and "Just use
Photoshop" responses. I know Gimp and ufraw support colorspace
profiles, I've seen the USE flags in portage, it's just the inputs and
outputs of my workflow which I don't yet see how to cover.

Slightly offtopic: I'd love to be able to set up a color profile for
my Pentax K-x's raw output, too. Anyone aware of a

--
:wq