On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 05:11:47PM +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:

> > Since I am planning to encrypt only home/ under LVM control, what kind
> > of overhead should I expect?
>
> What do you mean with overhead? CPU utilization? In that case the
> overhead is minimal, especially when you run a 64-bit kernel with the
> optimized AES kernel module.

Speaking of that...
I always wondered what the exact difference was between AES and AES i586. I
can gather myself that it's about optimisation for a specific architecture.
But which one would be best for my i686 Core 2 Duo?
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

A pessimist is an optimist who's given it some thought.