On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM, siefke_lis...@web.de
<siefke_lis...@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i try to install avidemux and so i give emerge avidemux. But at
> media-libs/aften-0.0.8 break emerge with the message:
>
> <error>
> cmake: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.3:
> </error>
>
> But the libnettle.so.3 is present on my system:
> siefke@gentoo-desk ~ $ locate libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3.0
>
> I try with env-update but nothing change. Has someone a idea?
>
> Regards
> Silvio

First, was the system up-to-date prior to trying to install your new program?

emerge -pvDuN @world

If not get it up-to-date first.

Once up-to-date, and still before the new program install, do

revdep-rebuild -ip

and see if your dependencies are clean.

At this point we don't know if the new program failure is due to the
new program, it's ebuild, or its dependencies, or whether it's due to
some problems with your system that need to be addressed first.

Good luck,
Mark