Hi Nilesh!

Am 16.03.2012 13:49, schrieb Nilesh Govindrajan:
> I think you need to be present in the video group.

I am;

tamer@office ~ $ ls -lA /dev/nvidiactl
crw-rw---- 1 root video 195, 255 16. Mär 17:25 /dev/nvidiactl

> yourself to the group.
>
> gpasswd -a <your username> video

It is. and I still get the same message :(

NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied).

I looked at my xorg.conf and added certain lines:

At Section "ServerLayout" I added:

Option    "AIGLX" "true"

At Section "Extensions" I added:
Option         "Composite" "Enable"

an t Section "Screen" I added as well:
Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

> If the group is something else as the ls -l reveals, add yourself to
> that group (unless it's root or wheel). If the group is root or wheel,
> you need to modify udev/mdev rules which I'm not aware of much.

but always, even if I run compiz-manager as root (sudo compiz-manager),
I receive THIS ERROR:

Checking for Xgl: not present

and I am not getting smart what I did wrong.

xorg was built with these flags:

x11-base/xorg-server-1.11.2-r2 was built with the following:
USE="ipv6 kdrive (multilib) nptl udev xorg -dmx -doc -minimal
-static-libs -tslib -xnest -xvfb"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,lazy"

here is my xorg.xonf.....

http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1522488

Tamer