On 03/18/12 08:55, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:15:10 -0400
> Colleen Beamer <colleen.bea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> All of you guys that are more experienced and technical than I am will
>> probably laugh at me. However ....
>>
>> Today, I wanted to update my computer. I got all kinds of messages
>> related to kde stuff. One my one, I unmerged the offending packages
>> and added the line to my package.keywords file so that an upgrade of a
>> package masked by keyword would be installed.
>>
>> However, activitymanager can't be reinstalled because there isn't an
>> upgrade to 4.8.1. Since I went about things the way I did, I can't
>> get this package installed because everything else is upgraded to
>> 4.8.1 and activitymanager's latest version is 4.7.4.
>
> I believe activitymanager is now part of kactivities.
>
> So just unmerge activitymanager and let the ebuilds figure it out.
>
> You probably have activitymanager in world so portage tries to
> explicitly pull it in.

Yes, I have activity manager in world, but I've unmasked all kde
packages for version 4.8.1 and because of that, I can't get
activitymanager installed because the latest verion for that is only
4.7.4 and I get told kactivities-4.8.1 blocks activitymanager..  I can
get into KDE after my upgrade, but I can't move windows around, nor
close or resize them.  So I assume activitymanager is somehow needed.

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org