Here's a marvelous program crying out for an ebuild;

https://launchpad.net/boot-repair

It's part of my Ubuntu setup. With one click it goes out and finds all
the boot partitions on your hd(s) and automatically writes the proper
grub2 configuration for them. It even pastebins a copy of grub.cfg
for troubleshooting purposes,  though I have never needed it, sof far.
When you boot  all your OSes  are there in the menu ready to be
selected. In my case Ubuntu, Gentoo and Sabayon. .