Hello,

I have update my system to ther 3.2.11 kernel and udev 171-rc5. Everything
works fine, except the IDE DVD ROM Device. lspci shows the IDE controller
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB IDE Controller (rev 09)

and I have build this kernel options:

CONFIG_HAVE_IDE=y
# CONFIG_IDE is not set

# SCSI device support
CONFIG_SCSI_MOD=y
CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI_DMA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_TGT=m
CONFIG_SCSI_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS=y
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC=y
CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m
# SCSI Transports
CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_FC_TGT_ATTRS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_LIBSAS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_HOST_SMP=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SRP_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SRP_TGT_ATTRS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_LOWLEVEL=y

I have added the line persistent_cd_disable="no" to my /etc/udev/udec.conf and
remove the /etc/udev/rules/70-presistent-cd.rule
I don't have buld in the "ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support (DEPRECATED) " dubpackages,
should I need them for using my old DVD ROM?
I have build only the "Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers" and SCSI systems,
can I use the IDE device with this drivers only?

Thanks

Phil