On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> <<<SNIP>>>
>> Well damn. Why you do not have devtmpfs? In all the machines I have
>> access to (with or without initramfs, with either systemd or OpenRC),
>> they have devtmps:
>>
>> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
>> (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=2023140k,nr_inodes=505785,mode=755)
>> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
>> (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=506680k,nr_inodes=126670,mode=755)
>> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
>> (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1939288k,nr_inodes=484822,mode=755)
>> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
>> (rw,relatime,size=257224k,nr_inodes=64306,mode=755) <==== The one with
>> OpenRC, no initramfs
>>
>> I don't see that one in your mount output. It seems kinda relevant, I
>> think. Please, can you attach your /boot/grub/grub.cfg file? I still
>> haven't seen the kernel command line, and I suppose that it's
>> relevant. Also, I know it's a lot, but could you please include your
>> kernel /usr/src/linux/.config file? Both dracut and udev need some
>> specific kernel config options that maybe you don't have.
>>
>> Regards.
>

> Here is my grub lines:
>
> title=Initramfs-new_kernel
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /boot/bzImage-3.2.11-1 root=/dev/sda3 init=/sbin/init  rd.debug
> rd.udev.debug
> initrd /initramfs-3.2.11.img
>
> title Gentoo
> kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-3.2.11-1 root=/dev/sda3
> acpi_enforce_resources=lax raid=noautodetect iommu=noaperture
>
> The stuff on the end without the init thingy was added to make sure
> gkrellm worked.  I think it is fixed now and can be removed but I just
> haven't done it yet.
>
> I added that debug stuff to the line for the init thngy but have not
> booted it yet.

Why do you have /boot/bzImage-3.2.11-1 in the initramfs kernel, but
(hd0,0)/bzImage-3.2.11-1 in the other one? You have /boot in another
partition, so in both cases you should have something similar to

root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,1)/bzImage-3.2.11-1 ...

isn't? (where "(hd0,1)" is your /boot partition, since you do use
labels, I don't know the exact number).

Could it be possible that you are booting with an older kernel when
using the initramfs entry without noticing it? Can you "umount /boot"
in your machine and see if there is a kernel in there, and if it's
different from the one in the actual /boot partition?

In any case, the two grub entries are certainly not "identical"
besides the initrd line (maybe they should be?). Also, can a have a
look at your /usr/src/linux/.config file?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México