On 2012-05-09 4:47 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
As some know, I'm planning to buy me a LARGE hard drive to put all my
videos on, eventually.  The prices are coming down now.  I keep seeing
these "green" drives that are made by just about every company nowadays.
  When comparing them to a non "green" drive, do they hold up as good?

As long as you don't use them in any kind of RAID setup you they should be fine.

The biggest difference between them and 'enterprise' class drives is the enterprise class drives are designed for multi-drive RAID setups... you don't want drives to spin down independently when working in a RAID setup...