On Tuesday 15 May 2012 22:08:17 you wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 16:57:26 +0100
> Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am not sure if the problem is related to the tsocks LD_PRELOAD
> > error.
>
> It almost certainly is, tsocks uses LD_PRELOAD to mangle it's magic so
> that stuff works. I believe chromium has severe issues with tsocks
> because of how it does it's sandboxing, but I honestly don't know how
> to get around that.
>
> On a properly setup Gentoo amd64 system, /lib is a link to /lib64, so
> the error you get is not a path error, the chromium binary really
> cannot (or will not) deal with tsocks.so
>
> I don't see anything wrong with the rest of your config. I honestly
> think you are dealing with a chromium feature not a chromium bug.
>
> Have you searched chromium-specific sites to see what others have to
> say?

I haven't yet, because it is not just Chromium that's not working as it is
supposed to (although it is the most vocal app on the terminal when called
with tsocks).  I haven't yet found an app which will work with tsocks at all.

The fact that proxychains does not work at all (applications completely ignore
it and run outside the tunnel) made me question the sanity of my set up.  Is
there anything other than coincidence that would cause both apps to fail?
--
Regards,
Mick