Ignas Anikevicius writes:

> On 18/05/12 20:59, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Suspend to ram (using the hibernate-ram command from
> > sys-power/hibernate-script) seems to work better.
>
> What about pm-utils? Does it work better or worse than hibernate-script.
> I had 0 problems with it during entire usage of linux, whereas with the
> hibernate script package I had some issues...

I thought hibernate-ram and pm-suspend do the same... anyway, in my case
the ISDN stuff gets borked with either method. Too bad. Maybe I have to
switch to mISDN, as I cannot make the fcpci driver work to make outgoing
ISDN PPP connections. At the moment, I have to use another PC for that,
which still runs the old udev.
Or I can try another ISDN card I have (Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN
network controller [HFC-PCI]), maybe I have more luck with this.

> And yes, I am usually suspending to ram, but I was just thinking about
> possibilities to make my computer boot faster in the cases I really need
> to do a restart. :)

Opening all my LUKS partitions takes so long anyway, I do not care much
about gaining a few seconds :)

        Wonko