On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/16/2012 12:01 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>> BTW, using GNOME 3 for more than one year in my laptop and desktop,
>> and I love it. I also want a tablet with it.
>
> Are you using any of the extensions Linus was discussing?

I'm using the "Remove Accessibility Extension", so the accessibility
icon doesn't appear in the top bar; the "Auto Move Windows Extension",
so Emacs is always in virtual desktop 1, Chrome in virtual desktop 2,
etc.; and the "Weather indicator Extension", to know that it's
raining. That's all the extensions I'm using; in my desktop I also use
"Alternative Status Menu Extension" to be able to hibernate (suspend
to disk) it: I can suspend to RAM just fine, but I like to save power.

I don't remember the extensions Linus mentioned.

> I'm using
> gnome3 in fallback mode because most of my machines are too old to
> have the hardware needed to run ghome-shell.  I haven't tried any
> gnome3 extensions yet on my one new machine that will run gnome-shell.

I have an nvidia card in my desktop, with the nouveau drivers. My
laptop uses a simple intel card; but run the full GNOME experience; I
actually don't like the fall back mode.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés