On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 05:49:39AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote

> I don't suspend on my machines: Nvidia is running on my desktop PC.

  I live in a condo building, with a separate electric meter for each
suite.  I'm conserving a valuable resource, i.e. my bank account <G>, by
shutting down the machine overnight, etc.  I noticed a problem with
suspend, but I didn't realize the connection with Nvidia 302.17.

> I do have a problem that occasionally an image on Firefox overflows
> & this then infects all the other desktop displays: it is cured by
> killing FF & re-opening it.  That seems, however, to be due to Firefox
> 13 or possibly Flash, not to Nvidia, which I've only just updated.

  It seems to be a problem with Nvidia+Flash.  E.g. start a Youtube
Flash video in FF.  Then drag an xterm over the FF window.  You've seen
the images where xterms have a background image?  Well this goes one
step further... there's actually a live video image playing under the
text.  Somewhat distracting, to say the least.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>