On 27/06/12 00:13, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
I'm getting a 2TB drive which uses 4kB sectors instead of 512 byte ones.
  I suppose by now everything will "just work" and the various tools
will now by default create correctly aligned partitions?

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm using cfdisk, since I find it's the easiest CLI partitioner (fdisk and parted don't offer menus but you need to type commands; I hate that).

I guess I should now switch to something else. I guess it's time for GParted (I'd prefer something for KDE, but it looks like there's nothing offered.)