On 07/08/2012 06:02 AM, Chandler Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 05:30:23 -0700 walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had similar problems configuring a non-standard mouse.  By using
>> xev to examine mouse-clicks I discovered that the button numbering
>> was completely different from what I expected.  Maybe your touch
>> screen is doing something similar?

> A good suggestion, but after checking it doesn't look like that's the
> issue, I see Xev showing that the click events are returning button 1.

I'm happy to know that because I know nothing about touch-screens and
I think I'd better learn now while I still have some brain cells left :)

Can you generate any other events beside button1-down/up?  Maybe by
sliding your finger across the screen?  I imagine that if I were
designing such a gadget I'd want a finger-slide to translate to a
scroll-wheel event.  What events does your touchpad generate?