On August 7, 2012 01:46:30 AM Walter Dnes wrote:
>   Are the package.use files additive?  I.e. if one use file has
> app-fu/bar flag1
>   and another use file has
> app-fu/bar flag2
>   is that equivalant to one combined use file with
> app-fu/bar flag1 flag2

They are, just as you can list a package multiple times in a single file, which
makes make Portage's autounmask rules work easily.

The relevant part of "man portage" is under /etc/portage/:

> Any file in this directory that begins with "package." can be more than just
a flat file.  If it is a directory, then all the files in that directory will
be
sorted in ascending alphabetical order by file name and summed together as if
it were a single file.

Cheers,
Bryan