On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You also don't need an IO scheduler - ssd access is random like
> RAM, no heads moving in and out so no sector ordering to worry about.
> Configure the scheduler as NOOP in kernel config if all drives are ssd's

I've read some contradictory reports about the best scheduler for SSD.
Apparently some SSD controllers are tuned for sequential reads/writes
(drives that lean heavily on compression, I would imagine?) and for
those drives cfq or deadline may be the better choice. I would try
them all and use whatever works best for your workload.