On 2012-09-07 18:09, Michael Mol wrote:
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2012-09-07 17:44, Michael Mol wrote:

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.d...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 2012-09-07 11:49, Andrey Moshbear wrote:

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Andrey Moshbear <andrey....@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
yesterday I probably broke my GCC

Problem is following:
When i try to emerge ANY package it fails with this :

checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`/tmp/portage/www-client/links-2.6/work/links-2.6':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

Can you post the contents of config.log to a pastebin and link to it in a
reply?

Specifically,  .../portage/www-client/links-2.6/work/links-2.6/config.log

Here it is http://pastebin.com/s59mU9fm

--
Samuraiii
e-mail: samurai.no.d...@gmail.com

conftest.c:11:19: fatal error: /usr/local/include/stdio.h: Permission
denied

BillK

What next?
ls -l /usr/local/include/stdio.h
ls: cannot access /usr/local/include/stdio.h: No such file or directory

Any idea why you'd have anything under /usr/local? On Gentoo, that's
usually unnecessary. (Or always unnecessary, if you care to make a
personal overlay to have your personal packages integrated
properly...not that hard, actually)

That wasn't intentionally made...
Intentional or not, do you have any idea how it might have gotten
there? Or what you did that might have caused things to look there?

If we knew more, we could tell you more about how to fix it, and even
how better to do what you had been trying to do.

I must admit that this is my lame fault:

I had some issues with pidgin-otr/libotr so I stupidly thought that I can get me latest version myslef.
*But* when I run configure; make; make install it wasn't working as expected so I just stupidly tried to issue make uninstall and that probably made this problem....

I feel so embarrased

Samuraiii
e-mail: samurai.no.d...@gmail.com
GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA (obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)
Full copy of public timestamp block signatures id- (from ) is included in header of html.