On 08/09/12 14:31, "Roland Häder" wrote:
I use distcc and two nodes are running 64 bit (this Gentoo is being
installed on 32 bit hardware). Most packages works fine with it, so
my guess is that some packages ignore the important gcc flags (-m32 /
-march=i686) which results in compiling a 64 bit object file on the
64 bit nodes.

The 64 bit nodes are Debian nodes which all can cross-compile (as I
mentioned above, some packages were cross-compiled on these nodes
without troubles because they honor the extra flags).

Isn't it a requirement that all nodes run Gentoo, with the same GCC version, and you must setup sys-devel/crossdev on each of them?

I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise.