120910 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem seems to be the use of static libraries

The only place I use a static library/thing is Busybox.

> I temporarily worked around by adding "xfce-base/thunar -udev"
> to package.use.  Somehow building thunar with udev introduced the mess.

>From my home-made list of installed pkgs :

  W 120506 xfce-base/thunar-1.4.0 [USE]
  USE FLAGS required
  xfce-base/thunar USE=-udev [avoids Gnome disk utils]

& from  /etc/portage/package.use

  # for thunar
  xfce-base/thunar -udev

So why do you say "temporary" (smile) ?

Xfce is a good substitute for KDE/Gnome ;
its only weakness is sometimes following Gnome's irritating oddities.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca