A few years ago, I used to run gentoo offline. When I needed to update it,
I used to download the portage snapshot, and use the following script,
based on Gentoo handbook:

#!/bin/bash
mv /usr/portage/distfiles /usr/
rm -rf /usr/portage/
tar xvjf $1 -C /usr
mv /usr/distfiles /usr/portage/
emerge --metadata
emerge --regen

I also have another script to built a list of packages for download. You
can take this list to a connected place, download the files and put it into
/usr/portage/distfiles/. If useful, I can give it to you (but I don't know
if it still works).

--
João de Matos
Linux User #461527