David Relson wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I have a Rosewill 75 in 1 card reader with slots for USB, SATA, SD,
> microSD, etc.  udev recognizes USB devices and mounts them
> as /media/<whatever>.
>
> However, when SD and microSD cards are inserted, /var/log/messages
> doesn't report anything and the cards aren't mounted.
>
> Any suggestions where to look? what to fix?
>
> I'm running kernel 3.2.11 on an AMD64 with udev-171.
>
> Here's a link to the card reader
> http://rosewill.com/products/1610/ProductDetail_Overview.htm
>
> Regards,
>
> David

Have you tried those cards on a different system to see if they work?
If they do, then the reader may be bad.  May want to look for dust but
if it is new, surely not.  ;-)  Packing peanut maybe?  o_O

I have bought a couple thinks made by Rosewill.  Neither of them worked
for long.  I sent one back for repair/replacement and got a new one with
about the same problem.  I didn't send it back again because it wasn't
worth shipping back again plus I was expecting it to work at least for a
little while.  It lasted overnight  My new policy, don't buy Rosewill
products.  They may work fine for someone else but they don't for me.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!