2012/10/30 Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM, João Matos <jaon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Systemd#PAM_support:_su.2C_sudo.2C_screen.
> ..

> polkit
> >>
> >> # equery uses pambase polkit udisks upower
> >> [        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
> >>  * Found these USE flags for sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r1:
> >> [snip]
> >>  + + systemd       :  Use pam_systemd module to register user sessions
> >> in the systemd control group hierarchy.
> >>
> >>  * Found these USE flags for sys-auth/polkit-0.107-r1:
> >> [snip]
> >>  + + systemd       : Use sys-apps/systemd instead of
> >> sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
> >>
> >>  * Found these USE flags for sys-fs/udisks-2.0.0:
> >> [snip]
> >>  + + systemd       : Support sys-apps/systemd's logind
> >>
> >>  * Found these USE flags for sys-power/upower-0.9.18:
> >> [snip]
> >>  + + systemd       : Use sys-apps/systemd for hibernate and suspend
> >>
> >> Depends on the versions ;)
> >

> > yep. I've used ~amd64 for about 5 years, but last year I decided to use
> > amd64. Maybe systemd suport is better in more recent packages.
>
> Indeed it is. I don't run ~amd64, BTW; I just keyword some things (the
> kernel, systemd+udev, and GNOME, basically).
>
> > Well, I've just find out a new little problem: PulseAudio. I've found
> > nothing about systemd+pulseaudio on google, what means that it is too
> easy
> > to some one carry about writing about it, or nobody tried it yet. Does
> > anyone knows how to start it? Maybe writing a pulseaudio.service or
> > something like that.
>
> Both projects have the same author: Lennart Poettering. There is
> usually nothing to be done so they work together; in GNOME, PulseAudio
> is started automatically by the session manager, I suppose it should
> be something similar in KDE-land. Actually, since PA is a user (not a
> system) service, the init system you use doesn't matter.

The past week I've changed my whole system (get rid of genkernel, installed
systemd...). It's been difficult to find out how to solve some problem that
appear, because I have to guess what originated it. But I think I have a
progress with that one: revdep-rebuild found a problem with pulseaudio (and
some others), I still get an error while I compile it, but I'm working on
it.

I was thinking It should be a service, since it was on my rc default level.
But it seems it is not encouraged anymore. Thank you anyway.

--
João de Matos
Linux User #461527