On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wex...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> after a world update including 3.5.7 sources and nvidia-drivers-304.60 I
> have no mouse. In the console or desktop. The kernel recognizes the mouse
> and it appears in lsusb. I carried over the kernel from last time w/make
> oldconfig. All the relevant services are started: gpm, udev, dbus.
>
> My xorg.conf(written by nvidia-xconfig) is here:
>
> http://bpaste.net/show/54023
>
> Xorg.0.log:
>
> http://bpaste.net/show/54024
>
> FWIW I uncommented this line in rc.conf
>
> rc_hotplug="!net.*"
>
> Can't think of what else to add.
>
> Max.
>

> This is still a problem. Have to use Ubuntu, ugh! I booted a new kernel,
no help. Have all necessary config options. /dev/input/mice. Mouse/s work
in Ubuntu. Not in Gentoo, not a different mouse, not a different usb slot.
It's not hardware, but $cat /proc/bus/input/devices mentions keyboard but
no mouse.  That's the only screwup. Oh, and when you enter #cat
/dev/input/mice while moving the mouse, nothing happens. Otherwise
everything seems "normal" dmesg, lsusb all see the mouse. gpm "started
successfully" etc.

Took this to irc #gentoo. <crickets>