On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:56:24 +0200
Markus Döbele wrote:

> Just uploaded laby_1.0.3 to the Sourceforge Site.
> Would be nice if you update the ebuild.
>
> We did a lot of bugfixing. Slowly the game is really playable :-)

The new ebuild was really easy - as i have said previously just change
the name of the file from laby-1.0.2.ebuild to laby-1.0.3.ebuild.

However I have taken the opportunity to try and add an icon and a
desktop file [1], but the latter is giving some errors. I have posted a
question to the developer list and when i have fixed whatever I did
wrong i will post again.

I also found a nice little games ebuild writing howto which tells me I
have made a few stylistic errors. I'll improve as I go hopefully!

I have discovered that portage has some nice little functions like
these:

newicon ${WORKDIR}/${PN}_${PV}/laby.xpm ${PN}.xpm

(puts the file $WORKDIR/laby_1.0.3/laby.xpm into
/usr/share/pixmaps/laby.xpm)

make_desktop_entry laby "Lost Labyrinth" ${PN}.xpm "Game;RolePlaying;"

(makes a desktop file in /usr/share/applications with executable=laby,
icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/laby.xpm Type=Application, Categories-
Application;Game;Roleplaying Name=Lost Labyrinth)