Hi,

I set up a cross compilation toolchain and it is possible to use
emerge-wrapper and friends to populate the rootfs of my beaglebone,
which is mounted via nfs.

Normally, when compiling stuff natively on the beaglebone, I mount a
part of my PC to /tmp of the beaglebone to reduce write cycles to the
sd-card...

Is it possible to do something like this (and how):

As an alternative to quickpkg and friends:
Mount the beaglebones rootfs to /usr/$CTARGET of my Gentoo Linux PC.
Then nfs-mount a part of my Linux PC filesystem on /usr/$CTARGET/tmp
to replace /tmp of my beaglebone temporarily to reduce write cycles
to the sd-card?

Best regards,
mcc