On Sunday 25 Nov 2012 06:31:30 Joseph wrote:

> I gave up on this "nagios" too hard to set it up and/or find any decent
> instructions how to set it up correctly :-)

I haven't run Nagios on Gentoo either, but it isn't impossible to get it going
on any Linux machine.  Have you checked the basics - that there are packets
coming and going between clients and server without them being dropped by
firewalls and the like?  Have you looked at server and client logs to find out
what nagios and nrpe think is the problem?  Basic troubleshooting and the
latest Nagios documentation which is quite extensive should get your there.
--
Regards,
Mick