Am 25.11.2012 16:36, schrieb Jacques Montier:
> Hi all,
>
> I bought a 250Go SSD M4 Crucial , read (of course) Gentoo documentation
> and installed the drive on my desktop pc (Asus MB, Intel ie7 and 6Go RAM).
>
> 1- Everything seems to work perfectly, but i would like to know if my
> configuration is ok or could be optimized.
>
> /dev/sda1             /boot           ext2
> defaults,noatime,discard                1 2

You don't need to specify "defaults" when there is any other option
present. Defaults is just there so that the column is not empty if you
do not specify any option.

> /dev/sda2             /               ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard     0 1

noatime implies nodiratime. Specifying both is redundant.

> /dev/sda3             /var            ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard     0 0
> /dev/sdb1               /mnt/donnees    ntfs-3g
> auto,uid=jacques,gid=users,umask=0022   0 0
> /dev/sdb2             none            swap            sw
>                 0 0

Swap on SSD would be faster but I guess you want to avoid the additional
writes.

> /dev/sdb5             /usr/portage    ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime             0 0
> /dev/sdb6               /var/tmp      ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime             0 0
> /dev/sdb7               /home           ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime             0 0

For home, auto_da_alloc trades a little performance for additional
security against stupid applications that forget to fsync().

> /dev/sdb8               /mnt/disk_virt  ext4
> defaults,noatime,nodiratime             0 0

Regards,
Florian Philipp