Am 14.12.2012 08:49, schrieb Grant:
> Would everyone here be in favor of a dedicated server over a cloud
> server from a host with good cloud infrastructure?  The cloud server
> concept is amazing but from what I'm reading a dedicated server at the
> same price point far outperforms it.
>
> - Grant

Last time I did the calculation, a dedicated or normal virtualized
infrastructure was more cost effective as long as you could accurately
predict the performance you need.

Cloud services only really help if you need a high dynamic range
regarding scale and performance, e.g. a service that could get a lot of
new users very fast or is only really active for short time spans.

Regards,
Florian Philipp