On Tuesday 18 December 2012 10:59:41 PM IST, Kevin Brandstatter wrote:

> On 12/18/2012 09:14 AM, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

>> you actually can add routes on a local machine. the real trick
>> would be to have them pushed from the dd-wrt box so that they dont
>> have to be manually set each time
>>
>> -Kevin
>>>

>> How??
>>
>> -- Nilesh Govindarajan http://nileshgr.com
>>

> with the route add command.
> obviously not as clean as an iptables forward rule which is also an option

I'm presently ssh'ing into the DDWRT router and doing this:

route add -host <hostname> gw 192.168.0.32

and it's pretty much working, except that I've to add a route to every
host for which I want to use the ADSL connection.

If I do the same on my local machine, it doesn't work and packets still
end up going through my fiber connection.

Would iptables ROUTE target help if I use that on my local machine?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com