On 12/23/2012 03:22 PM, luis jure wrote:
> well, it seems i have been very lucky indeed. i just emerged jmtpfs as per
> mark's suggestion, and it just worked. i just created a /media/galaxy
> directory, and an entry in fstab (like yours, but with jmtpfs instead of
> mtpfs) and that was it. now i can simply mount /media/galaxy.
>
> and the best, for those of you using xfce and thunar, in the "multimedia"
> tab of preferences -> advanced -> volume manager, i clicked the "portable
> music players" check box, and added the command "mount /media/galaxy/".
> now when i connect my phablet it is automatically mounted, and i can
> umount/eject it from thunar. couldn't be easier, a perfect solution for my
> needs!
>

> best,
>

> lj

I just removed mtpfs and installed jmtpfs from the poly-c overlay, in
order to get access to my external SD card in my new Galaxy S3. It was
far easier to get to work than mtpfs - and so far jmtpfs hasn't
segfaulted yet. Apparently mtpfs only sees the internal SD and not the
external one.

Trying to get some music on there so I can bring my bluetooth speaker to
work so I have something to listen to while I work.

It's just me so I don't care too much about automounting, I just put an
entry in /etc/fstab and mount it manually when I need to update something.

Dan