Mark Knecht wrote:
> One interesting small point I got out of the docs that Neil pointed me
> toward: That since linux-2.6 we're all using an initramfs "The 2.6
> kernel build process always creates a gzipped cpio format initramfs
> archive and links it into the resulting kernel binary. By default,
> this archive is empty (consuming 134 bytes on x86)." So it's a nit but
> no one should be saying "I don't use an init thingy" but rather "My
> init thingy is empty and has no jobs to do on my system". (Or at least
> that's my understanding...) - Mark

Hence it will not fail, right?  Adding another point of failure is my
problem with this.  As I have said before, when I was using Mandriva,
then Mandrake, the init thingy would fail on a regular basis.  It is one
reason I left Mandriva.  I got tired of the breakage and Gentoo didn't
need one.  So, here I am, good or bad.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!