On 12/28/12 13:00, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
On 12/28/12 12:51, Joseph wrote:

Yes, I run osCommerce on my server.
Is the manuall command:

mysqldump --opt -ppassword catalog > catalog_backup.sql

I think --opt is on by default, but yes, that should do it. If you would
like to automate the backup (say, nightly), you can add the following to
~/.my.cnf [1]:

 [mysqldump]
 user     = <your mysql username>
 password = <your mysql password>

Then, when you run the `mysqldump` command, it will use that username
and password automatically (and not prompt you). That way you can make
the backups in a cron job.

[1] Warning: chmod 600 the ~/.my.cnf file if you create one.

Thank you, that will help.
I'm stuck with oSCommerce 2.2rc2 as they don't want to put visa module in the
new oSC ver. 3

....{@} * {@} * {@}         Happy New Year!

--
Joseph