Happy New Year All,

I hope you all had a happy holiday.  Oddly enough, this e-mail isn't to
request assistance although I did post this problem quite a while back
and was not able to resolve it.

Ever since I got my new desktop computer slightly over a year ago, I
have been trying to set up a connection in Open Office Base to a MySQL
data base.  I couldn't get it working with ODBC.  I had this working on
my laptop, so it wasn't a huge issue not to have it on my desktop, but
hey, I'm stubborn so, periodically, when I did a sync to my computer, I
would try again.  Yesterday, I decided to try it using JDBC.
Admittedly, I had some issues, but googled and finally got all things
resolved so I now have the connection set up in OO Base.  I also learned
a few things so perhaps now I could even get the ODBC connection working
if I wanted to.

I'm not a "techy", just what you might call a "power user".  Just goes
to show you that even an old bat like me can run Linux which is why I
will never believe that Linux is too hard to learn .... for some maybe
so, but if you have the desire to learn, you can do it, IMHO!  :-)

Anyway, that's all I have to say.

Regards,

Colleen

--