Michal Kurgan napsal(a):
Exactly this is the problem... so sync every sector.
I have one question, how this work earlier? With sync i know when files where copied in realtime, not after the umount command (there is info that fat filesystem ignore sync option, then why it works differently with and without).

IMHO the old behaviour was that it synchronized the files and only upon unmount the FAT table.

Most suprising is that on gentoo we use hald, by default it uses "sync" option, as in my case. Whe developers made such big change and don't inform

I think all major distros so far use sync.

anyone about this. Yes , there are some info but only in bugzillas reports by users who spotted it.

Yes there is not many info about this problem. When I encountered the problem I lost many hours looking for the cause and solution of the problem.

So where will by default it will work flawless...

I doubt that it will be changed in the near future :(.

--
Miroslav Flídr