Hello list,

When kmail was upgraded to 4.9.3 last month it made a complete hash of my e-
mail system. In the end I moved my user out of the way and created a new user.
Importing the e-mails from a backup of the old version omitted large numbers
of e-mails, including a lot of complete folders. I also noticed that kmail had
not created a trash folder.

So I did it again: created another new user. This time I got more messages
imported but still not the whole lot (about 25,000). Still no trash. So I
imported specific folders to complete the import. I tried creating a Wastebin
folder manually (that's what the trash can is called in the UK) but of course
that had no effect.

Now I find that several filters work sometimes but not others, thus dropping
e.g. this list partly into its own folder and partly into the general inbox.
If I move the offending messages myself, next time I look they've been moved
back again.

If I delete a message, there being no trash folder, it's re-presented as a new
message together with the original, and if I delete those I get four. Now in
one folder I have 120 "new" messages.

Is there a sane way out of this? I don't know if I can face creating yet
another new user with all the drudgery that entails.

--
Peter