ntp of any flavor does not seem to be in the default install, i had to emerge
it on all my boxes.  I'm from an ibm rs/6000 aix background, so I learned
long ago to NEVER trust the system clock.  rs/6000 boxes tend to have very
poor hardware clocks for some reason....probably because you never pay that
much for a server not connected to something :)

--
John Jolet
Your On-Demand IT Department