On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems to me like very happy news indeed, but I'm interested in contrary
> opinions.  There's a recent thread discussing how udev-197 breaks lvm2, but
> that's a trivial fix once you know about it.
>
> The problem is caused because many apps including lvm2 install their udev
> config scripts in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/ (where they never belonged in the
> first place IMO) and they should instead now go in /lib/udev/rules.d/.
> All you need to do is to re-emerge all of those packages *after* installing
> udev-197 and the config scripts will go in the correct place.
>
> You should do this before rebooting the machine because lvm2 won't work until
> its udev scripts are in the correct directory.

I dealt with this yesterday and was a little annoyed that the note
detailing this didn't include an example of *how* to identify which
packages needed re-emerged. I figured it out, but i can forsee a lot
of pain on this front from the general user base (everyone on this
list shouldn't have a problem with it, imho).

> Doesn't this seem to fix the problem with booting a separate /usr partition?

I was wondering the same thing. It would seem to..

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hun...@gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web: