I'm curious as well about the potential exploitability of icedtea. I
would think that since the icedtea vm is not the same as the sun/oracle
one and so I don't think the code base is the same, which would mean an
exploit in the sun/oracle jvm would not necessarily affect icedtea.
However, I know very little on this matter and seeing as i think both
are open sourced i have no idea how much or if there is any code overlap.

-Kevin