Am 27.01.2013 22:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> udev-197 in the tree installs everything to /; systemd-197 installs to
> /usr. I'm pretty sure that is not going to end well; I haven't
> upgraded to 197 in neither package.

"forking" this thread:

decided to give systemd another chance here and edited my $USE in
make.conf: " ... -consolekit systemd ... " (correct?)

emerge -avuDN world ... now brought me systemd-197-r1 which booted OK here.

I have issues with starting the rebuilt gdm now, maybe related to the
consolekit-issue?

My /etc/systemd has to be cleaned up as it contains stuff from back then
and I have to get network etc. configured right.

But overall it booted OK ...

Stefan