On 2013-02-10 1:47 PM, Florian Philipp <li...@binarywings.net> wrote:
Am 10.02.2013 19:37, schrieb Tanstaafl:
I'm pretty sure that lvm2 was NOT built with either of these, but is
there a way to to tell what USE flags were used for the currently
installed package?

I guess you remember wrongly:
Symbol   Location    Meaning
*        suffix      transition to or from the enabled state
%        suffix      newly added or removed

Read /var/db/pkg/sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.88/IUSE to find out what was enabled.

Thanks Florian, yep, you're right...

So, the question becomes, why did these change? I do have /user on a separate LVM partition, so, is this something I should worry about?

Actually, a bit of googling suggests I shouldn't have had them enabled in the first place?

Thanks again