Hi all,

Weird, I don't use it much, but needed to run a traceroute today, and it is failing with:

 # traceroute 192.168.1.4
traceroute to 192.168.1.4 (192.168.1.4), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
send: Operation not permitted

I know the problem is in my firewall, because when I stop it, traceroutes work as expected.

I have allowed all ICMP in my firewall:

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
<snip>
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere             icmp any
<snip>

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere             icmp any

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
<snip>
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere             icmp any

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I can send all of my firewall rules privately if someone thinks I may have something that is dropping these packets before my ALLOW rule kicks in, but I'm fairly sure I have them right...

Thanks