On 27/03/13 at 11:27am, »Q« wrote:
> Eventually, as I understand it, GNOME and KDE will require systemd
> because they want full control of they system.  For people not using
> GNOME or KDE, other init systems will still be possible, with either
> udev or a udev alternative.  I have no idea how far away "eventually"
> will be.

GNOME maybe/probably, but regarding KDE what makes you say this ?
I don't recall reading anything about this (this one comes to mind but
its got nothing to do with systemd [1]. The author explains in the
comments why he chose not to use systemd). KDE always prides itself in
being cross platform forcing systemd would be terribly detrimental.

[1] http://dantti.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/1-2-3-plasma/

--

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
                -- Mark Twain