On Tuesday 16 April 2013 02:47:54 AM IST, Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan <m...@nileshgr.com> wrote:
Hi,

For some weird reason, I'm unable to build gcc 4.7.2-r1.
This is the error -
/bin/sh: line 1:  3871 Bus error               build/genautomata
/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.7.2-r1/work/gcc-4.7.2/gcc/config/i386/i386.md
insn-conditions.md > tmp-automata.c

The thing is, I had downloaded a hardened stage 3 by mistake and then
switched profile to non hardened.

Could it be because the kernel is compiled with the hardened toolchain?

I think bus error means the compiler tried to access illegal memory
region or illegal instruction. Maybe a compiler bug? Wrong arch?

I don't know anything about hardened so I don't know if it could be
blocking access to memory somehow.

Definitely something to do with hardened. Able to compile gcc on another vm with same config.
All this mess happened because there's no i686 stage 3 -_-
Did CHOST change on another vm.