On 04/16/2013 02:03 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2013-04-16 12:12 PM, Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I must have missed where you ran emerge -e @world. Oops. :)
>
> I didn't... I was replying to your comment that implied that I thought I
> had rebuilt my entire 'system', when in fact I specified '@system',
> meaning, only those packages in @system... :)
>
> That said... since this entire system was 32bit up until my little
> mistake, and I only updated/compiled a few packages, my thoughts are
> that the vast majority of the system should be 'ok' - or am I missing
> something (wouldn't surprise me if I am)...

Nuke the site from orbit...$FILL_IN_THE_BLANK :)

It's unfortunate there's no tool to perform as revdep-rebuild, except
checking that, e.g. a package was built with the current CHOST or CFLAGS
set. The fact that I can run 'emerge --info $atomname' to get the build
environment for a given $atomname tells me the system has enough
information that this is possible. I simply don't know the finer details
of where all this information lurks. But if I had such a tool, it would
be of immense use to me while installing new systems; no need to emerge
-e @world...