Joseph:

>When I try to print from "evince" to pdf file I get an error:
>
>Error printing - Operation not supported

I have tried that with evince 2.32.0-r4 and got the same error. After
starting evince from a xterm with 'evince example.pdf' and choosing
File->Print... 'Output Format [x] PDF' was checked and the field 'Name'
was filled with output.pdf.

Clicking Print resulted in a bar indicating the processing of the file
and at the end of that a window with the error message appeared.

But: only if i accept the prefilled field 'Name'. Deleting the
output.pdf there and typing in the same file name again resulted in a
successful print. :)

Looks like a bug in evince.

Hartmut
--