Top-posting as inline replies don't fit here.

auto* errors can be tricky to solve, in my experience they tend to be
once off weird errors when packages can't quite make sense out of what
the auto* scripts are telling them.

Let's get some facts on the table so we can proceed:

Which packages were failing originally?
What versions of the various auto* packages do you have installed?
When did you last resync the tree?

P.S. You've no doubt seen that forum posts have a high hit-rate of
"throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks", the posts you mention
show that happening. Randomly masking stuff hoping it will work is not a
good fault-finding technique :-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com