On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_lis...@web.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a way that i can compile Libreoffice on my Desktop System and
>> copy to the Netbook? Because the netbook need long time to compile
>> libreoffice,
>> and the Desktop is little faster. Or can i build a libreoffice Package on
>> Desktop and copy to the netbook?
>>
>> The Netbook is a Samsung NC 10, Atom Processor and the Desktop is a Fujitsu
>> P4.
>
> emerge --buildpkg libreoffice
> scp /usr/portage/packages/app-office/libreoffice*
> netbook:/usr/portage/packages/app-office
> ssh netbook
> emerge -k libreoffice
>
> Just make sure the CHOST and CFLAGS on both machines are the same.

Oh, and also the USE flags.

If you have enough diskspace, you can  have a chroot'd copy of the
netbook in your desktop, and emerge everything with --buildpkg and
copy the binaries to your netbook. I did that with a very old K6 that
I used as firewall, DHCP server, torrent server, NTP server, etc.,
before wireless modems were powerful enough, like twelve years ago.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México