>>> If you have a fairly basic setup, post what you are using to help others
>>> later on.  At least it could give someone a config to go by.
>> I promise I will do this once I feel good about my config.
>>
>> - Grant
>
> That's good.  Sometimes when I am setting up something, I google for the
> config file to see if I can find something to go by at least.  I did
> that the other day with my xorg.conf file.  I found out that when I
> logout and leave, my monitor never goes to standby.  I found a config
> file that someone posted that had the info I needed.  It was MUCH faster
> than trying to read man pages and find it.
>
> I thought about setting up a site or something and putting different
> config files there and allowing others to post theirs.  Thing is, I'm
> sort of low income and I don't know how much that would end up costing
> me.  I'd do it for free so I'd pay for whatever it was.  I think a
> central place for this sort of thing would be great.
>
> Anyway, it may help the next person if you post what works for you and
> maybe how you are using it.  At least give someone a start.  If they
> google, they will find it.

I used this as a base which is excellent:

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Munin

Extra config is required if you want to get other plugins working like
apache, mysql, and nginx  The extra config takes place in
/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/munin-node and in whatever program you are
configuring the plugin for.  This setup assumes the master and node
are on the same machine.

apache:

/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/munin-node:
[apache_*]
env.ports 80
env.url http://127.0.0.1:80/server-status?auto

/etc/conf.d/apache2:
add "-D STATUS" to APACHE2_OPTS (apache must be compiled with
APACHE2_MODULES="status")

mysql:

/etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/munin-node:
[mysql*]
env.mysqlopts -u root --password=PASSWORDHERE
(I'm still having a problem with the myisam and InnoDB graphs.)

nginx:

This should work but it doesn't for me yet:
http://www.nginxtips.com/nginx-configuration-for-munin/

It's a good idea to change the following for security as long as the
master and node are on the same machine:

#host *
host 127.0.0.1

It's handy to use 'munin-run PLUGIN_NAME' to test a plugin.

- Grant