On 07/05/13 21:45, Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
I installed "xscavenger" and it installed without any problems but I can
seems to find this game anywhere.
Yes, I'm in "games" group.

From the command line:
/usr/games/bin/scavenger
-bash: /usr/games/bin/scavenger: Permission denied

/usr/games/bin/scavenger
-rwxr-x--- 1 root games 70496 Jul  5 18:39 /usr/games/bin/scavenger

Probably does not help you solve your problem, but I just tried here
and it worked for me. I am running as my normal user. The permissions
of the installed binary look the same as yours.

Where I start the game I saw some messages like:

$ scavenger
No /home/paul/.scavenger/!!! Setting one up...
No /home/paul/.scavenger/levels.scl, setting one up...
Trying to copy /usr/share/games/scavenger/levels.scl......copied.
No /home/paul/.scavenger/scavrc, setting one up...

Also BTW -- there is a more modern SDL-based version on the author's
website. I don't see any ebuild but maybe you can compile it and see
how it goes.

Maybe /usr/games/bin/ is not on the path?
How do I check it, I forgot :-/

--
Joseph